Saturday, May 13, 2006

Comfortably Numb

Alrighty.

Blogger lost my last effort at this post so this coming prose will not be necessarily as tight or erudite as could possibly be.

Basically, a strange bruise / lump appeared on my left wrist over the last 2 days. Normally, this would give me little cause for concern but for the fact that this was simultaneously accompanied by a numbing sensation in my 4th & 5th fingers of my left hand.

Not good.

And what with Alaska on Monday and doing some quick checking on the internet as to possible causes, I decided to err on the side of caution.

Needless to say, a long day was ahead.

Step 1 was to contact the 24 hour emergency hanging on a telephone for 20 bleeding minutes only for no useful advice to be surrendered travel fucking insurance. After that debacle, it was onto the Hostel front desk.

Then, we were off to the first location.

Where, inevitably, they sent me on my way to the second location crosstown.

After successful navigation of the myriad bums of Seattle (the only industrial development of any consequence since Boeing pulled out and the dotcom implosion) I managed to reach somewhere that didn't appear on any of my three maps.

The only surprise of the day was that this was in fact the final destination.

But of course, in order to see anyone, it's cash on the barrelhead son.

US $200 upfront of course.

Bring back Dr. Cox, BUPA and the Irish Healthcare system! All is forgiven!

Well not quite, but you know what I mean.

So next up was the actual exam itself and intensive hanging around.

So 3-4 hours later, the verdict was in.

Tendonitis.

Probably brought on by the driving after three months away from the wheel.

So yeah, live with it boy. Live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home