Wednesday, May 10, 2006

On the road...

Yep.

2700 miles in 10 days in a Ford Explorer. A sports utility vehicle for the uninitiated.

It was like driving a truck.

But it was all that was left in Nashville.

So I drove to Memhpis and checked out the two kings.

Graceland and the National Museum of Civil Rights where Martin Luther King was shot. Basically, they've converted the Lorraine Motel into this museum.

Then a night on Beale Street and the road once again.

I stayed in Okemah, Oklahoma the next night. The birthplace of Woody Guthrie, where there is literally nothing and then onto Texas the following night.

Amarillo was just a hotel with a real shitkicking bar. I can't even begin to describe that oneto you guys.

Then it was Grant, New Mexico for a night before finally making Flagstaff, Arizona.

I spent three days in and around the Canyon and after attempting to make sense of that, I drove onto Kingman and into Nevada.

A day in Boulder City and the Hoover Dam was then the scene and finally on Friday, the Mojave desert.

Joshua trees and Rattlesnakes and a big abyss of nothing.

That was kinda cool.

Then Vegas.

Where I proceeded to lose alot of money.

Now it's back to Hostel country and I'm in Frisco right now.

And it's off to Seattle tomorrow and then Alaska for a week on Monday.

There you have it kids. The bare essentials.

I'm going to go walk that bridge right now.

See you later.

Current Listenin'


Tool - Stinkfist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home