Monday, May 01, 2006

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

An explanation.

I am sitting in Flagstaff, Arizona at approx 1pm in the afternoon having been in the good ole US of A for an entire week. This is the first internet cafe I have actually come across.

The Wi Fi revolution has meant that the concept of the internet cafe has been largely rendered obsolete for Americans.

Bad news for me.

And bad news for the blog.

At least for the time being.

When I get back into Hostel-land, San Francisco and onwards things should be looking up from a net coverage point of view.

But for the time being.

Expect my contributions to be sporadic.

I've spent the last week in Nashville, Memphis, Okemah, Amarillo and Grant respectively.

I've also done about 1600 miles in the old rental car along Interstate 40 West which intersects with the old Historical Route 66 and as such having been getting my kicks.

I've only managed two hair raising moments in the car, so all in all, it's been smooth enough so far.

Flagstaff should be base camp for a couple of days.

Then the Mojave Desert, Boulder City & Hoover Dam and Las Vegas but I'm not sure in which particular order yet.

I'll keep ya posted.

But for now... Take it easy.

"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy..."


I passed through Winslow, Arizona, this morning but I didn't take the time to stand on a corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home