Monday, April 10, 2006

Until The End of The World

Back to El Calafate.

A greater variety of nothing to do is on the agenda today. I´m currently looking into accommodation options for my return to hell, Buenos Aires, and my voyage into the unknown next Monday, Caracas - Venezuela.

It´s Easter this weekend which means Buenos Aires will be heaving, thankfully, Milhouse is fully booked out so I´ll have to look elsewhere.

Tonight, I take the bus to Ushuaia, transit through scenic Rio Gallegos and arrive tomorrow evening, Fin del Mundo at approximately 9pm. The Freestyle Hostel has very good ratings from those I´ve met so far so it should be a pleasant stay and it´ll be navigating the Beagle Channel, penguins and a spot of sea kayaking for the following four days.

I´m meeting Graeme (UK, Sheffield to be precise) shortly, see the hike around Fitz Roy - Touching the Void entry, and we´re going to try and locate a pool table in this one horse town. Then, it´ll be a night in The Famous Grouse undoubtedly, the Irish / Scottish pub, which is one of the few nightlife options that El Calafate offers.

Then.

Ushuaia.

The southernmost city in the world.

El Fin del Mundo.

Here Be Monsters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home