Sunday, April 02, 2006

50 First Dates

Name: Melisa

Age: 22

Nationality: Argentina

Occupation: Hostel Barmaid | Training to be a Doctor

Right.

Where to begin?

This trip has it's high points and it's low points, this is an in between. We talked so much last night it seemed kinda obligatory to go out and give it a shot tonight, so that's what we did.

Now, at the best of times, I'm terrible at reading signals but at the same time, this girl quoted, of her own volition, my theory of life back to me. We were on the same page on so many levels, it was kinda scary.

Needless to say, tonight, she lead me a merry dance.

I think half of it is self-defence. As a Chilean girl said to me about two weeks ago: "I don't even want to know your name, 'cos you won't be here tomorrow..."

And she was right.

So what can you say?

When you're trekking up a hill in the middle of Santiago with an Australian girl from Brisbane and having "amusing" incidents, one after the next and then the very next day, despite all your best intentions, finding yourself in the company of a German girl training to be a paediatric neuro surgeon (and boy, could she drink...).

It's all in a day's travelling.

The title of this blog is surrealist | absurdist.

Some people have picked up on that, others have pushed the boundaries of my sanity to it's very limit with literal interpretations.

In essence, this trip is about finding what it is about me that I want to keep.

And what I want to change.

Right now.

Day 61.

I still don't even know where to begin.

Other people keep finding me.

And that makes it kinda hard to focus on priorities.

So tomorrow.

Laundry.

Maybe Rosario Vs Newell's Old Boys.

But no women.

Definitely no women.

I've got a date with a Karen from Galway in Buenos Aires on Monday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home