Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Conveniently Narrow Travelling Companion Sought

Hello from upsidedownland.

Ok.

So we ended up going through Singapore instead of Bangkok so that was shock number one.

Then, the immense girth of my fellow passenger, 53i, at the back of the bus made a number of things impossible for 12 and a half hours.

- A straight back, as she immediately encroached on half of my physical space

- Easy access to the channel remote (tho' I still managed through surreptitious lifting of her arm to watch: The Island (Ewan McGregor & Scarlett Johanssen) 3.5/5; North Country (Charlize Theron) 3/5; Weatherman (Nicholas Cage) 3/5 & Elisabethtown (Kirsten Dunst & Orlando Bloom) 4/5*

*An extra point purely for the as ever charmant Kirsten!

Anyway. Extremely round individual swapped seats in Singapore and I got that conveniently narrow travelling companion much sought after for the remaining seven hours and managed to grab a few zs. I may investigate sleeping tablets for the Sydney - Santiago leg!!!

Big update post to follow regarding adventures in Australia (when I've had some & observations from Jim's couch which I'm sleeping on in Bondi).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home