Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dunedin, 12th March 2006

I've been on the Stray bus for quite some time.

Only Christchurch and Kaikoura await, then it's back to Wellington for some much needed rest and relaxation and some preparation for South America.

Haven't really checked out Dunedin yet, we were up with the birds and on the return trip to Stewart Island early, I didn't sleep on the bus so I subjected the group to my choice of music for most of the morning.

Stops for sea lions, dolphins and waterfalls were made en route.

Sea lions were successful but they looked just as knackered as I felt.

Dolphins had the right idea and stayed away but Kaikoura is the place for them anyway, if you are into that sort of thing.

The waterfalls, I couldn't make it. I've seen most of what NZ has to offer in terms of waterfalls and the most impressive remains the Bridal Veil Falls on the North Island, 55 metres and well worth the effort. It was on top of those falls, that the anticipation of bungy starts to build as you realise that the world's highest, the high wire Nevis in Queenstown is twice the size of this waterfall and more.

The Karawau Bridge was 10 metres shorter than the Falls itself and more than enough for me.

Top bunk again tonight and the dormitory shuffle in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home