Sunday, June 04, 2006

Save Canada

You know you're in Canada because everything is easy.

Even the panhandlers are polite and courteous.

It was probably the easiest airport to hostel transfer of the entire trip and within a couple of hours, I already had my bed secured, my trip to Niagara Falls with Moose tours for the lendemain and somewhat the lay of the land of Toronto.

The lay of the land was strikingly similar to what I experienced in Vancouver last summer visiting a good friend.

That is to say, the lay of the land is the sort of place where you fall in love with every second girl that passes you on the street. Their hipster ways, alluring tattoos and manifestly goth/punk exterior is what I look for in a town.

The heat however, that was not devoutly to be wished for...

Excruciatingly hot... Touching the 40 degrees of centigrade, which doesn't do it for me personally.

So there you have it, Toronto pretty much confirms the general impression of Metropolis Canada that I had previously formed from my experience in British Columbia last summer.

It's clean.

It's easy.

And the people are easy to like.

And the accommodation was bordering on salubrious!

A former hotel which once had played host to the likes of Jack Nicholson and sported it's own pub, The Global Village Backpackers would certainly put in an appearance on Top 5 Hostels I stayed in.

Fecking hell, the last night I even had the sweet luxury of a four berth dorm to myself.

Nice.

But I didn't come here for Toronto itself.

This is where you hit the falls.

1 Comments:

Blogger eye candy said...

Its easy to have a positive view of this country when you live here, but when you read words of praise from someone who lives in another part of the world it makes you a different kind of proud.

1:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home